Hoop Session featuring NBA Star Moses Moody
What is Hoop Session?
Hoop Session is a basketball-themed end-of-summer celebration for Literacy Playground students in grades 1 – 5. Hoop Session goals:
- Inspire independent reading and goal setting
- Provide access to books for students’ personal libraries
- Create a day of fun for central Arkansas kids!
Inspiration and Reading Score Big with
This year, NBA star and Little Rock native, Moses Moody will return to encourage and inspire our ballers. His message, “Real Ballers Read”, reminds students of the importance of education and literacy. Twenty-year-old Moody was recruited from the University of Arkansas Razorbacks team in 2020 during the first round of the draft. Now playing for the Golden State Warriors, he is a literacy advocate and avid reader. Moody loves encouraging students and promoting a culture of reading amongst basketball players.
Your Support Will:
- Empower literacy education and prevent the “summer slide” for 240 children at 12 Pulaski County partner sites (including back-to-school backpacks, water bottles, and books for their home libraries)
- Invest in year-round school tutoring support for 500+ children in central AR
- Mobilize over 300 volunteers for 5,000 hours of combined student support
- Create an incredible day of unforgettable fun where children meet their very own NBA (and Razorback) Basketball Star!
What Can I Expect as a Sponsor?
Hoop Session: Hoop Session is a fun-filled day for AR Kids Read students to meet Moses Moody and be inspired by his message on the importance of reading. Your support will fund this day of fun as well as school year programs that empower students with one-on-one literacy tutoring to help them catch up and keep up. The Hoop Session is not a ticketed event, but all sponsors are invited to come for all or part of the day.
VIP Perks: Event sponsors will also have access to a VIP Hospitality Room. Beverages, snacks, and lunch will be available.
Friday, July 22
Hall High School Gym, Little Rock
9:30 am: Pep Rally
9:40 am: Students Rotations Station Begins
9:45 am – 12:30 pm: VIP Hospitality Room
12:40 pm: Awards Ceremony
Your Organization Will:
- Reach over 3,000 central Arkansas adults via news and social media outlets
- Branded apparel for 300 children and volunteer t shirts (Presenting & Team Sponsors Only)
- Total event audience of 5,000+