Operations Support Manager Opportunity
Are you passionate about students and reading with a skill set in operations?
You could be the newest addition to our team.
Who we are:
AR Kids Read is a literacy nonprofit whose mission is to improve the future of Arkansas children and families by advancing literacy education through community engagement and tutoring so that all children can read proficiently by the end of third grade.
Overview of Position
This position ensures that ongoing support is provided for operations in each AR Kids Read department. The Operations Support Manager will manage daily technical operations for the organization while ensuring overall efficiency.
- Support all facets of AR Kids Read (Admin, Programs, Finance, Development, Marketing, VISTA)
- Handle day to day operational tasks (ex: order supplies, print documents, price checking)
- Support recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding processes.
- Understand each software and how each is used.
- Update Program support manuals annually.
- Assist in coordination of workshops, orientations, and other events.
- Maintain current status/documents with federal and state agencies.
- Support the tax return and audit process.
- Track follow-up for all donations (tax receipts, thank yous, website updates)
- Support the audit process for tracking purchases and donations, including copying and recording donations, and making deposits.
- Approve invoices to be paid.
- Maintain a database/calendar/schedule for grants submitted/to be submitted.
- Research, write, and submit grants and required follow-up reporting.
- Assist in data management (donor lists, prospect lists, program lists, board lists)
- Edit/produce various documents for communications, marketing, and PR.
- Research and seek out new opportunities for AR Kids Read (ie: seeking out new fundraising and event opportunities)
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be comfortable with current and new software. Ability to make solid financial decisions around consolidation and integration of tech products.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years experience in office management setting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Starting salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Employee will receive paid vacation and holidays, including two weeks off for Christmas
Please send your resume and cover letter to Traci Wheelis, firstname.lastname@example.org.